VA Illiana Health Care System, Danville, Illinois
About the VA Illiana Health Care System, Danville, Illinois
Since 1898, our buildings, facilities, patients, and missions have changed, but remaining constant is VA Illiana Health Care System's endeavor in improving the health of the men and women who have so proudly served our nation. Being the 8th oldest VA facility, we consider it our privilege to serve your health care needs in any way we can. Services are available to more than 150,000 veterans living in the surrounding 34-county areas of Illinois and Indiana.
Community-Based Outpatient Clinics
In addition to our main facility in Danville, Illinois, we offer services in four community-based outpatient clinics. These clinics are located in —
VA Illiana Health Care System, Danville exists to honor America's Veterans by providing exceptional healthcare that improves their health and well-being.
VA Illiana Health Care System to be a patient centered integrated health care organization for Veterans providing excellence in health care, research, and education; an organization where people choose to work; an active community partner and back-up for National emergencies.
Key Business Drivers
Our key business drivers are quality, financial integrity, patient satisfaction, and employee satisfaction.
VA Core Values: Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect, Excellence ("I CARE")
- Integrity: Act with high moral principle. Adhere to the highest professional standards. Maintain the trust and confidence of all with whom I engage.
- Commitment: Work diligently to serve Veterans and other beneficiaries. Be driven by an earnest belief in VA’s mission. Fulfill my individual responsibilities and organizational responsibilities.
- Advocacy: Be truly Veteran-centric by identifying, fully considering, and appropriately advancing the interests of Veterans and other beneficiaries.
- Respect: Treat all those I serve and with whom I work with dignity and respect. Show respect to earn it.
- Excellence: Strive for the highest quality and continuous improvement. Be thoughtful and decisive in leadership, accountable for my actions, willing to admit mistakes, and rigorous in correcting them.