VA Illiana Health Care System, Danville, Illinois
Accreditation and Achievements
VA Illiana Health Care System has received a number of accreditations and awards. Some of our recent notable accomplishments include —
- The Joint Commission
- College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF)
- American Council of Optometric Educators (ACOE)
- The Association for Accreditation of Human Protection Program (AAHRPP) and Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- National Recognition by National Center for Patient Safety (NCPS)
- Top 18 VA’s to receive Gold Level within Cornerstone Program
- 2009 Federal Electronic Challenge Bronze Level Award Recipient
VAIHCS received national recognition by the National Center for Patient Safety (NCPS) during fiscal year 2009 with 100% of the RCA’s conducted within the established timeframe of 45 days and intermediate to strong development for each event. VAIHCS was one of eighteen VA’s that received the Gold level, the highest level within the Cornerstone Program. The Cornerstone Program measures each facility against the same standard criteria and recognizes the facilities according to their level of achievement. VAIHCS has earner this recognition for the past two years.
VAIHCS received the 2009 Federal Electronics Challenge Bronze Level Award for FY’08 electronics recycling program activities. VA Illiana submitted the winning entry this year, the fourth consecutive year they have received this award. Executive Order 13423 requires Electronic Stewardship at all federal facilities in the areas of acquisition, operations and maintenance and end of life. The purpose of electronic stewardship encompasses reducing environmental and energy impacts of electronic purchases, use and disposition through continual improvement. VAIHCS electronics program progress is monitored through their GEMS program.