VA Illiana Health Care System, Danville, Illinois
Community-Based Outpatient Clinic
- Primary care services for veterans in the Decatur area.
- Behavioral Health services including individual, group and family counseling, and programs such as QuitSmart Smoking Cessation.
- Handicapped Accessible: full and easy access for all veterans.
- Personal Care: Highly qualified primary care providers, specialty care referrals to the VA Illiana Health Care System.
- Laboratory: Blood drawing services available.
- Prescriptions: Routine prescriptions processed through the mail or My HealtheVet.
- Free on premises
Reminder: VA Choice First Program Starts with Your Provider
Recently a Peoria newspaper ran a story about OSF Healthcare announcing its participation in the VA Choice Provider Program. The news report also stated that, “For local veterans, the announcement means receiving certain types of medical care will be less likely to require traveling to a Department of Veterans Affairs facility, or have to wait for an appointment at a clinic serving populations over a wide region.”
Please note that nothing in the VA Choice First program has changed. Veterans can utilize the Choice First if the care is not available within the VA. This requires a VA provider to enter a consult to set up care with a community provider.