VA Illiana Health Care System, Danville, Illinois
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Clinic
The Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Clinic offers a variety of outpatient assessments and treatment services that are designed to meet the needs of veterans exhibiting symptoms of war stress or other military related traumas including military sexual trauma. Treatment services are dedicated to meeting a variety of needs while allowing the veteran to remain in the community. Once evaluated and accepted for treatment, the veteran may begin treatment activities almost immediately.
Available Treatment Activities:
- Referral for medication evaluation
- Individual Therapy including Cognitive Processing Therapy and Prolonged Exposure therapy
- Group Therapy
- Family and Couple Counseling
- Family or Significant Others Psycheducation
- Consultation with Other Medical Center Resources
- To assist the veteran with assessment and evaluation of identifiable problem areas.
- Relieve acute psychosocial stress
- Reduce self-defeating behavior patterns and to develop more effective ways of thinking and behaving.
- Assist with attaining an optimal level of functioning
- Assist with developing a balanced lifestyle in social, family, recreational, and vocational aspects of living
- Assist in the development of stress management skills as a way of controlling anger and anxiety
- Assist with arranging supportive outpatient follow-up and aftercare, and use of community resources
- Facilitate self-awareness and understanding
For more information, please contact: Stephanie Ericksen, MSW, PTSD Program Coordinator
VAIHCS - PTSD
1900 E. Main Street
Danville, IL 61832
Hours of Operation
- M-F 7:30a.m.-4:00p.m.