VA Illiana Health Care System, Danville, Illinois
VA is providing the Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) vaccines, as authorized by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Supply varies by facility. Get more information about COVID-19 vaccines at VA.
We are working to vaccinate as many eligible individuals as quickly as possible.
Easier access to vaccines and more people eligible
VA is adding walk-in COVID-19 vaccinations at all VA facilities and outpatient clinics that offer COVID-19 vaccines. Please check hours for vaccination clinics.
Congress has passed a law which allows us to offer COVID-19 vaccines to the following groups who are eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine:
- Spouse of a Veteran
- Caregivers of a Veteran
- Recipients of Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Department of Veterans Affairs (CHAMPVA) benefits
If you don't receive care at VA, we encourage you to pre-register online at least one hour before you go, to save time when you arrive. While at VA you will need to wear a face mask, and physical distancing measures will be in place. For more about vaccinations at VA, visit: www.va.gov/covidvaccine.
Note: Your employer, pharmacy, or local public health officials may offer you a COVID-19 vaccine. We encourage you to take the first opportunity you have to get a vaccine at the most convenient location for you.
The latest information about our phased COVID-19 vaccine plan
VAIHCS has been offering the vaccination to our highest risk Veteran population since January 2021, per CDC risk stratification guidelines. We are offering COVID-19 vaccinations to Veterans of all ages at all of our sites of care. Sites of care Bloomington, Danville, Decatur, Mattoon, Peoria and Springfield.
- To schedule an appointment, please contact our scheduling call center at (217) 554-4444.
- Appointments should be scheduled, however, we offer walk-in appointments. Preferred walk-in times for all of our sites of care are:
- Bloomington VA Clinic: Tuesday & Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m
- Danville (Bldg 98 main facility): Tuesday & Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Decatur CBOC: Wednesday 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and Friday 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Mattoon CBOC: Wednesday 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Peoria CBOC: Wednesday 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. & Friday 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Springfield CBOC: Tuesday & Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Veterans who are not enrolled or do not currently receive care at VA can visit VA's Eligibility web page to learn more: Eligibility For VA Health Care | Veterans Affairs
- VA Illiana Health Care System, Danville, Illinois
Hours of Operation
By Appointment Only